Speaker/Workshops 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM:
- 12:00 -12:45pm Urban Green Lab: Climate Responsibility – Challenges and Solutions – Learn the current science on climate change, how climate change impacts the triple bottom line – economics, social factors, and the environment, Middle Tennessee impacts of climate change – incl. how businesses and residents are adapting, practical actions we all can do (from alternative fuels to waste reduction to food choices) to lighten our carbon footprint.
- 1:00-1:45pm Urban Green Lab: Energy Kids Korner: Mystery Energy Game -Provide kids with facts about how electricity is generated, hands on/pass around light bulb meter, demonstrate energy use in small cardboard house, and play “Energy Mystery Game” in which kids are provided with energy saving items (eg, caulk, CFLs, weatherstripping) and must guess what the item is & how it’s used.
- 2:00-2:30pm Go Green Home Services – Learn about Go Green Home Energy Services, what a home energy audit involves and the benefits. RAFFLE GIVE AWAY DURING THIS SESSION.
- 3:00-3:45pm KilowattOurs: Energy Efficiency and You
- 4:00-5:00pm Hands On Nashville Home Energy Savings program & Nashville Energy Works - Learn the importance of energy efficiency in the home with easy do-it-yourself measures, how to volunteer with the Home Energy Savings program and upcoming workshops lead by the Home Energy Savings team